Same Dumping ground different Wednesday! It seems that ‘What’s On Your WorkDesk Wednesday’ is the only thing that keeps me posting. Head over to Julia’s at Stamping Ground to learn what it is all about and visit more desk’s.
This Wednesday my desk is full of Christmas Presents!!! It’s great to be able to use the Desk, I don’t end up having back ache from bending over a low table or crawling around on the Floor, as all the previous Years. I can keep the wrapped presents out of the way….it is all good. I did actually have the Desk tidy before I started wrapping….I wish I had taken a picture of that, now that would have been a sight!! I am not sure I be able to do manage to do it next Wednesday…. I am working as well as traveling…..we shall see, I might do it in the evening. Surely as long as it is Wednesday it be okay, right??
The Bag holds the gifts that will be traveling and the others are gifts for the non traveling contingent! I am quiet excited about Christmas….I always am!!!
I hope you have Happy Christmas and joyous Christmas
Another week and another What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday’ as hosted by Julia at Stamping Ground. This Year sure seems to be in a rush to be over with. So here is my Desk today, which only marginally resembles anything of a usable space. this week it is more of a dumping ground than Desk!!!!!
My Daughter came to visit over the weekend and now I am finally reunited with my Sizzix Die cutter:) Not only that, she also brought something that I had forgotten I had. See that red machine in the top left, just above the the Tin??!! My Xyron sticker maker!!!! Whoop Whoop. So now I really don’t have much of an excuse not to make anything….apart from the fact that I obviously have no space on my Desk!!!!
Maybe I should write 100 times…..’Must tidy my Desk’
My Blog Neighbor Lynn from Gardenpinks’ Blog asked for a closer look at the little hanging and the Cards I mentioned in my WOYWW 183 post last week. So let’s see……
The Heart is chipboard, I got gifted a few month ago. All you do is layer your candy wrappers in a way you like,the foil as well as the cellophane. Than cover it in Modge Podge and leave to dry and decorate. For the background I cut some chipboard and covered that in black card and I used my embosser with a Tim Holz embossing folder. Now it is done and can send it of, I hope the person it is going to will enjoy this little token:)
And now the Cards, well 2 of them anyway….
These were made using the embossing folder that is included in the Texture Boutique starter set. As much as I like many of the wonderful cards out there I prefer the simplicity of these Cards…and I am not just saying that because I made them!! The one problem that has come up is that now that I have used up the Card pack that came with the embosser, I cannot find the right size again. All the ones I am finding are just that little bit bigger to fit the folder’s exactly. You can spot the difference quiet clearly. But I still think they look lovely.
Another Wednesday another ‘What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday’. I am actually looking forward each week to this. Julia at Stamping Ground Blog is our host as usual. This is the Day when literally 100 of bloggers from around the World show their Work desks. Please pop over and pay them a visit. Since I joined I have tried to visit all the Desks but as yet have not managed it. Must try harder!!!!
I started working on a little hanging. A few weeks ago I bought myself a book by Vicki Boutin, Creative Foundation. There are some good techniques I would like to try. Of course I do not have all the exact ‘indigence’ she does but still I can adapt her designs to what I DO have. In the foreground you see the hanging . The one I am doing now is Candy wrapper Decoupage! Who knew that it be a good Idea to open that hidden Tin of Quality Street before Christmas!!! To the right you can see 2 of the Christmas Cards I made, ready to be shipped of this week. And of course my little Friend who, hopefully will meet here big brother, Sizzix Die Cut, this weekend. My Daughter is coming for the Lincoln Christmas Market and she will bring my Die Cutter back to me!!!! Yay. My Sizzix is the old red one, the first one I think, so then I will need to look out for the adapter which I believe is available, which means I can use all Sizzix dies, which means I can buy some Tim Holz one’s…..you get the Idea!!!!
Well I never! My Blog has been nominated for one and the same award by 2 different readers!!! I a over the Moon. First The Crafty Pioneer and then
Intecoolochoberod have both added me to the list of the ‘Liebster Award’. The next bit is ‘stolen’ from the crafty Pioneer….I quote:
This award is given to ‘up and coming’ bloggers (with 200 or less followers) to give recognition and encouragement for their blogging efforts. I think the award originated in Germany and the word “liebster” means “dearest” in English. So here goes, I hope I manage this correctly. First I have to give 11 random facts about myself:…So here it goes…
- I always wanted to live in England because I thought if I move here Davey Jones from the Monkeys would find me and marry me (That ship has sadly sailed)
- I have several Tattoos
- My hair started turning grey after I had my Daughter,first just a streak and gradually all over
- I want to learn to ride a Motorbike but have learned that I to scared of the Traffic when I am riding myself
- I drink more Tea than the average English person
- I would like to learn a 3rd language, like Chinese or Russian
- I love to read sometimes till 3-4 in the morning
- I like sushy
- Im a stress head, I panic first and ask questions later
- Love to sleep, at anytime
- wish I could give up m Day job (don’t we all)
Now I need to answer questions set by my nominators, The Crafty Pioneer asked1. Who would you most like to meet (living or dead)?
2. Do you have a craft that you would like to tackle one day?
3. What did you last see at the movies?
James Bond, Skyfall
4. Favourite book?
Lord Of the Rings, Trilogy
5. Early bird or night owl?
6. Three words that best describe you
7. What do you most like about blogging?
The feeling of talking to someone
8. What makes you laugh?
9. If you could come back as an animal, what would it be?
10. Your most embarrassing fashion statement
11. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
Turk and Caicos Islands
And now the Questions from
- Why do you blog?
It feel like I have a friend to chat with
- How do you find motivation one of those days when you’re just not in a flow?
I let it ride and see what happens
- Of all the books you’ve read which one would you choose to recommend and why?
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Just cause I love it
- What is you biggest dream? (It doesn’t matter if it’s realistic to achieve or not.)
Just to be happy
- If you could talk to yourself as a child, what advice would you give him/her?
Learn harder at school
- What advice do you think the child version of you would give you regarding your life today?
You should have listened to your Parents
- If you had more time, how would you spend it?
- What would be the ideal weekend, where would you spend it and what would you do?
AT Home with a good book or crafting
- If you could just for a day be another person that lives in present time (like a politician, a hermit in the middle of a forest, an astronaut on the way to the moon, anyone) who would you choose and why?
I would like to be a hermit on the outer Hebrides. While it would be quiet a hard day I think it would also be peaceful and there would be no one to disturb my thoughts
- If you could have a house for one summer (or any other season if you prefer) somewhere in the world, where would it be?
Turk and Caicos Islands
- If you could throw a dinner party not bound by the laws of time with the goal to have an interesting conversation, who would you seat at your table? The number is depending on how big your table is and of course choice. You can invite anyone from present time or the past.
Marylin Monroe, Clint Eastwood, Albert Einstein
Now I have to nominate 11 blogs for this reward , the trouble is…all the Blogs I would nominate have way over 200 followers or are award free Blogs…so now what??? Here are some that I like to read and I think they qualify
Most other Blogs I read are all over 200 followers so I am afraid I never quiet managed 11
Should you choose to accept the nomination than please answer the following 11 Questions
- Your favorite colour
- Tea or coffee
- If Money was no object, name one Item you would never be without
- Your Birthstone, do you own a piece of jewellery with it?
- Your favorite Romantic Place
- You favorite way to relax
- Chocolate ?
- Do you lead or follow
- A place you like to visit
- A place you like to eat but can’t afford
- Your favorite season
Wow this was one L O N G and difficult Post!!!!
Another Wednesday another WOYWW! I am actually rather grateful I found this lovely group of Bloggers from all over the World sharing their Desks. I have been Internet MIA as it were. At the moment I am in reading mode, so that is basically all I have been doing in my spare time. I got a Kindle for Christmas last year and my reading life has taken on new meaning. I now have a Kindle App on my Phone as well as my Laptop. I often sit and read on my Lappy, I like it! Since there is nothing different on my Work desk from last week,I thought I show you my other Desk, my computer/sewing desk.
My normal work desk is directly opposite, just out of shot. If you look closely you can see see I am on Julia’s Blog. Where I think you all should pop to now as well, so you can see all the other lovely desks around the world.
I am half way through my lat book so I am hoping normal blogging service will resume after tomorrow. My Blog has been given another award by The CraftyPioneer….yay!!! And I need to honor the rules….but not today…..today I am still reading my trash novel. Think Mills & Boon on steroids!!!
It’s Wednesday again and it means Julia at Stamping Ground is leading us for another Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW). Please DO visit some of the other Blogs and check out some of their Desks.
Can you see it/her? Yes she sits there looking funny but she is there non the less. After much deliberation Internet researching and to-ing and fro–ing I bought the Sizzix Texture Boutique. I already have the die cutter, the old red one, which hopefully I will soon be united with:)
In the foreground a Junior scrabble game lid, the game box is in the top right. Bought it in a charity shop for….something!!??? Some finished ATC’s on the top of the Box lid waiting to be photographed. (done that now and uploaded to my ATC flickr album).
Some cookie cutters, drilled and ready to be decorated…..sometime, so they will become a Wind chime thingy.
Sorry this is a short post but I need to get back to my Kindle for some reading:)